Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Bookmark and Share
File #: 21-421    Version: 1 Name:
Type: Motion Status: Passed
File created: 12/4/2020 In control: City Council
On agenda: 7/20/2021 Final action: 7/20/2021
Title: Consider Approval of Consultant Services Contract for the Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Attachments: 1. 1 - 2022-2024 CVB Agreement Draft, 2. 2 - CVB Policies and Procedures, 3. 3 - 2021 CVB Insurance Certificate, 4. 4 - Chapter 74 City Code Lodging Tax, 5. 5 - Lodging Tax Statute 469.190
Date Ver.Action ByActionResultAction DetailsMeeting DetailsVideo
No records to display.

City Council Meeting Date:                        July 20, 2021                                        

 

To:                        Mayor and City Council

                     

From:   Ben Martig, City Administrator

 

Subject: 

TITLE

Consider Approval of Consultant Services Contract for the Convention and Visitors Bureau.

BODY

Action Requested:                     

The Northfield City Council approves the Consultant Services Contract with the Northfield Area Chamber of Commerce & Tourism and authorizes the Mayor and City Clerk to execute the contract.

 

Summary Report:

The current contract between the City and the Chamber for CVB services ends December 31, 2021.  Attached is the proposed contract, insurance certificate and policies and procedures. 

 

The Economic Development Coordinator has been attending the CVB board meeting in accordance with Section IIB. to serve as a staff liaison to the CVB.

 

Alternative Options:

The Council could choose to modify the 2022-2024 CVB contract.

 

Financial Impacts:                     

Funding is provided from the 3% lodging tax collected on all lodging rooms within the City.  95% of the tax collected is used to fund a local convention or tourism bureau for the purpose of marking and promoting the City as a tourist or convention center.  The remaining 5% is used by the City for administrative fees.  No proceeds of the lodging tax shall be distributed to the Chamber for CVB services until the budget has been approved by the City Council. 

 

Tentative Timelines:                     

Approval of the contract at the July 20, 2021 Council meeting will allow CVB staff to continue planning and preparation for 2022.